Saturday, October 9, 2010

6 months 2 weeks.

Already. Another month has passed! Harper is growing. I really feel like she changes daily! She is LOVING Mother's Day Out and has only had one bad afternoon where she was just tired/fussy. Mrs. Holly & Mrs. Terri are so good with her! I never worry or doubt whether she's being loved on and taken care of. Harper got her shots yesterday...AND her first flu shot. Poor girl was so sad! We quickly pulled out the tylenol & bottle to soothe her...and her hurt feelings! She was a trooper! She dipped a little bit in her growth - didn't loose any weight, just dropped in the percentages a little bit. Dr. V said not to worry about it at all - that Harper was growing & healthy & active! Harper weighed 13 lbs 13 oz, was 25 1/4 in long, and head circumference was 16 3/4 in. Petite, sweet, healthy girl!



She is 100% interested in being mobile. She started rolling from her back to her belly on Wednesday. She has been trying to for a while, but would get stopped on her side. She finally made the plunge this week. She loves to spend time in her exersaucer & jumper. Propping her up in her boppy on the bed while I get ready in the mornings is a nice past time. :) She can sit up by herself for a few seconds...we're still working on that. I attempted to sit Harper in a buggy at Target...but she ended up lying down instead...then of course had me hold her shortly after.

She loves anything shiny or anything that makes noise. Her favorite video is Barney's Sing A Long songs, hands down. It's not uncommon to hear Bubba or I singing "Hey, Mr. Knickerbocker, Boppity Bop!" or "If all the raindrops were lemon drops or gum drops..." She loves it.

She loves making zerbert noises with her mouth & blowing spit bubbles (wahoo!)...especially fun when we're feeding her! She has grown an affection for oatmeal w/bananas and I think sweet potatoes are her favorite veggie. We've started feeding her some of the Gerber 2s too, just to give her more options. I offered a sippy cup to her yesterday with diluted pear juice. She very willingly drank from the cup, but wasn't a fan of the juice. I felt like I couldn't feed her enough last week!! Mark of a growth spurt, I think!


She's wearing size 2 diapers...and sometimes size 2-3. She wears mostly 6mo clothes but can definitely still fit in her 3/6mo outfits. She can wear most Carter's 6mo onesies, but the pants hang on her. :) Finding shoes for her tiny feet has been a feat, but Old Navy helped us out with some extremely cute gold, shiny slip ons!



I was just thinking this week how I have no idea how I had any time to work a full time job before! :) This little girl keeps us on our toes!! I wouldn't trade the last 6 months & 2 weeks of my life for anything in this world. I get so excited for my friends who are about to be first time moms - just knowing the brand new world that they're about to experience makes my heart jump! There really is nothing like it! I get sad when I think about how much Harper has grown & how quickly these 6 months have gone, but I am filled with joy when I realize that the Lord has protected and guided her every single second! We are more than grateful for His hand of protection over her and her health. I'm thankful for this journey of motherhood...especially now that I have such a sweet daughter to love on each day!

2 comments:

Amanda McD said...

So cute! I give it about 2 months and Max will be bigger than her. I have always loved how sweet and petite she is!

Julie Holt said...

She is beautiful!!!