Saturday, October 23, 2010

4th Saturday in October




So much going on! I LOVE this time of year! This year has been a tad different for a few reasons. Obvious number 1 is that I have a daughter to love on! #2: I'm not teaching full time. And numero tres, it's 85 degrees outside! Don't get me wrong, I know that the longer it is warm outside, the longer I don't have to tackle the car seat with a jacketed Harper... but I do enjoy the cooler weather.


So the little girl is keeping us on our toes! She is definitely sitting up now and (almost) crawling. She gets around the floor to her toys pretty well, but I don't know if it would be classified as crawling...more like scooting/lunging? :) She is so much fun. She loves to say "Da-da-da-da..." over and over. I am still trying to coax her to say "MOMMA!" Her favorite foods are oatmeal w/banana, pears, and sweet potatoes. (Not) a fan of peaches. She's starting to drink more milk than I am producing, so we're delving into the freezer for what I've stored up. I'm thinking we'll probably start supplementing with formula before the end of the year. I'm hoping to at least continue to pump, so that she has my antibodies through the winter. (I always feel like a farmer or something when I talk about "getting her through the winter.") :) She doesn't have any teeth yet, but I don't think it will be much longer before we start that battle. In fact, I think we are in the beginning stages! She went for about 2 weeks of not sleeping well at night & being quite fussy. We've gotten three nights in a row of good sleep, so hopefully we're getting past that... I feel so bad for her when I can't tell exactly what's wrong. It can be a guessing game!


I can see her peeking through her bumper right now - one of her newest tricks. She is so funny! Time to go get her up & get ready for the day, but I will leave you with a couple pictures...

Happy Fall, Y'all! :)



PS The title of this post is in reference to the football game that will be played tonight at 6pm. TN vs AL. I think I know what the outcome will be, but it is always a (fun?) game for us to watch in our house! Determines the placing of the coffee table books for the year!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Pretty girl! "Getting her through the winter" hahaha that does sound funny, doesn't it? But I know exactly what you mean!

Devanee said...

Asa really likes the first pic of this post. He keeps saying,"Baby. Bear. Bear. Baby." Hope our kids get to meet someday soon! :)