Here are some of the things she's up to these days...
- Dr apt Aug 6th - she weighed 12 lb 5 oz (20%), 24 in long (35%), and head was 16 in (20%). Doc said she was a healthy (petite) girl! Not sure where the petite-ness is from! :)
- We are fully into size two diapers. They're a little big around her waist, but we had to move up for the length. Wearing mostly 0-3 mo clothes - some 3-6mo too. She can still fit in a couple of her NB dresses, but I have packed them away since she has so many dresses in 3mo.
- She gabs & coos all the time these days. We love hearing her voice. Her newest voice is a GROWL. ha! I practice "ma-ma," "dad-dy," "bel-la," etc with her everyday. No words yet, but trust me, I'm not rushing her!
- She reaches for toys & will scoot herself to get what she wants. Not crawling - just a kick/scoot deal. :)
- She is letting people hold her a little more these days...although she gave my mother the world around Saturday night. Fussed almost the whole time we were gone. Poor grandmama!
- We have started rice cereal. I started it the Monday after our DR apt. She made the funniest faces the first time around! I tasted it just to see what it was like - NO WONDER the poor girl was scrunching her nose! It was horrible! I added bananas the next week - which played a number on the bm trail...so prunes were added last week. She LOVES the banana/prune/rice mix.
- I LOVE that she gets excited when she sees me or Bubba - ie. when we pick her up from nursery. She will grin as wide as she can & kick her little feet when she recognizes that it's us. Nothing like it. :)
- She is almost rolling from her back to her tummy... She gets over to her side, but hasn't rolled over all the way yet. She has mastered the tummy to back roll over. It is not uncommon for us to find her on her back in her crib almost every time she wakes up!
- She has found her feetsies! And just started yesterday putting them in her mouth. Too funny.
- She & her cousin Lyndsey Grace (born 2-12-10) had play time at Grandmama's earlier this month. It was funny to watch them play together! I'm hoping they will be best friends growing up!
- Still sleeping 9-10 hours at night, and she takes (usually) three naps during the day. Everything I'm reading says to get her on a consistent napping schedule, so we are going to work on that.
I am going to be working MDO at our church starting Sept 7th. It's just two days a week, but the closer I get to it the more I get anxious about it! Not really anxious about teaching - just really hope Harper adjusts ok. She doesn't nap well during church when she's in the nursery...so I'm hoping she is able to nap during MDO or we will have one fussy girl... I am excited that she will have a chance to "play" with friends though!
There's a little bit of our lives these days. Never a dull moment with a baby girl around! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment