~We are transitioning her to her crib; although, she is not convinced that it is her bed yet. She naps ok in it most of the time but not as well as in her bassinet. She did sleep in it from 10-6:30 last night though!
~She is still in size 1 diapers, but I don't think we're too far from trying to transition to 2s.
~She is doing ok in the nursery at church now. We've only had one (horrible) night. PS It's amazing to me what she'll do in there. Ie. hang out in a swing, play on the floor, etc. If I offered her $100, she still wouldn't do this at home! :)
~She is so funny about letting people hold her (besides me & Bubba). Sometimes she's fine, but other times, she has a cow! My dad labeled this stage as "Ninny baby," and my mom said I was the same exact way. Guess I'm paying for my raising!
~She's had a couple of "dates" with her friend Aiden (who was born 21 days after her) at Chik fil A. Aiden & Harper's dads always meet for lunch there on Tuesdays, so sometimes the moms & babies get to come too!
~She is ROLLING OVER like a big girl! She started this July 8th in her bassinet. I went in to check on her, and she was laying on her back just talking away! She smiled at me when she saw me - I guess as if to say "You caught me!" :) Now it's pretty much a norm for us to go in and find her laying on her back. She hasn't caught on to the idea of sleeping that way yet...we are actually working on that as I type!
~We go next Friday (Aug 6th) to the DR for her 4mo check up. I'm looking forward to seeing how much she's grown...but not looking forward to the shots... Bubba is going out of town Sun - Fri, so we will probably both be at our wits end by then. :( I don't know that Bubba will be back in time for our apt, so it may just be this fearless mom attacking shot day. One positive is that we will get to start rice cereal after that visit! I'm thinking she's ready for it! We may even try an Uncle Marcy Special soon too (minus formula... I'll prob try to mix it with breastmilk since that is what H is used to). Can it really be true that I am a mother to a 4 mo old baby girl?
~We have learned of about 10 more friends (just this month!!) that are expecting. I can honestly say this is one of the best stages in my life so far! I love to see pictures/meet all our friends' kids (and see my friends as moms and dads too)! Parenthood is truly a blessing; I thank the Lord every single night as I rock my sweet girl to sleep for that gift!
On the other hand, this time of year usually brings on the teacher side of me. I am a sucker for buying new school supplies, sharpening pencils (just because I can), hanging up bulletin boards, dusting off text books, etc etc etc! This year is quite different! It is honestly a bittersweet time for me. I am more than thankful to have the opportunity to stay at home with Harper and not miss anything with her! But I am going to miss my sweet coworkers at FA! I was very blessed with some great friends there, and I'm missing them already. Like brings-tears-to-my-eyes missing them... BUT I know I would be a basket case if I had to leave Harper everyday/all day, and we definitely didn't need to be making the hour drive back and forth either. FA was home for so long; I am thankful the Lord gave me that chapter in my life, and I'm also grateful it ended on a good note. I know I will be making some visits this year... and honestly, I don't think I'll miss grading papers (at all). :)
2 comments:
I can't believe she's 4 months already! Gah time is flying! You'll be fine alone when you take her for her shots. I know it's so hard to see them get them but it's usually harder on the mama!
I want to come see her and you again soon!!!! I love yall and miss yall!
Post a Comment