Wednesday, March 10, 2010

37 weeks - Almost there!

Well, little Ms. Harper Elizabeth has reached FULL TERM! We are at 37 weeks today! I have a DR apt this afternoon to see if we've progressed at all & to test for Strep B. I'm really hoping she waits (atleast) until after next week. I will be at home next week for Spring Break & plan on getting ALOT done...ie. washing her clothes, (hopefully) getting her furniture in, deep cleaning my house, etc. I know the Lord already has her little birthday planned, so I'm not going to stress, but I would love to have next week to work around the house and rest some.

I've been fighting a sinus infection/bronchitis. Of course I haven't had time to go to the DR, so that's just my self-diagnosis... I plan on asking my OB today if there is anything I can do/take so that I'm not sick when the baby is born. I'd hate to take the chance of passing whatever this is on to her as a newborn!

We've gotten some of our bags packed, the car seat is in the Jeep, and I'm wearing my Timex Ironman watch with the second counter everyday... We're ready to tackle any contractions/labor that comes our way! :) We attended a birthing class at Baptist Women's last Saturday. My poor husband was a trooper! I laugh thinking about it, but I'm so glad he was willing to go with me. He heard vocabulary & saw tools/pictures/videos he had never seen or heard before. He was cracking me up! Honestly, it made me so grateful for the blessing God's given me in a husband. I know I tend to worry/break into tears when things get stressful or scary, but Bubba is such a rock. Don't get me wrong...that big boy can shed a tear of his own, but he knows just what to do when he sees me start to crumble. I'm glad he'll be by my side the whole way!

Before I go, I have to give praise to our Heavenly Father for his provision over these last 37 weeks. I am reminded of that every single day, but this week I caught myself in tears over a friend's situation. A local pastor subs for us at school pretty often. He & his wife already have two children & were expecting their third. Last Tuesday they went for the BIG ultrasound, took their children in the room, got Mom all set up, and what they saw on the screen was less than exciting. The Dr asked for the Dad to step out of the room with the kids and then began to tell this anxious mother that her baby had passed away since her last visit. She was right at 20 wks, and they believe the baby died around 17 wks. Their explanation was that the umbilical cord was "kinked" and was not transporting enough nutrients to the baby. Of course this weighed so heavily on each heart of that sweet family...the expecting Mom & Dad, the exciting siblings... But they have been so good to praise the Lord for the blessing that their Baby Girl was - even if they weren't able to enjoy her here on earth. The mother had to be induced last Friday & deliver this sweet baby girl. They celebrated those 17 weeks with her in a memorial service with their family last weekend. Please pray for the Wells family as they continue to heal and seek the Lord's peace.

2 comments:

charitysq said...

I am so excited for you!!! I am so sorry for your friend...how hard... I cannot wait to meet little Harper! Can I do anything to help you??? I will call you this weekend!

Jessica said...

You are getting so close! I am so excited for you & Bubba! Enjoy these last few weeks & get some rest before little miss makes her debut.

I haven't had a chance to really thank you for all your sweet blog & FB comments but I really appreciate your encouraging words. Thanks so much!

Keep us updated & let me know if there is anything we can do to help. I'll be praying for a safe & easy delivery for you.


Can't wait to see Miss Harper!