I remember our first appointment like it was yesterday... I can even tell you what I was wearing (flip flops, kackis, yellow shirt)...
I remember seeing my baby "Crowder Pea" on the screen for the first time & just knowing it was a boy (ha)!
I remember hearing her heartbeat for the first time at 10 weeks and seeing her little hands and feet move around as if she were waving at us.
I will not ever forget when the ultrasound tech let me look at the screen to see whether we were having boy or girl... I had been studying up that week with other ultrasound pictures on the internet to be able to have an educated guess when it came to my own! GIRL it was!
I remember feeling her move for the first time during Sunday night church after drinking a hot chocolate from Starbucks.
I remember the first time she had the hiccups...and now each time I catch myself with the hiccups, hers are soon to follow.
I could really go on and on... I was encouraged to keep a journal for her during my pregnancy, and I'm so glad I have. What a special gift from the Lord these 40 weeks have been! I got a little sentimental this morning when I realized that I wouldn't be feeling Harper move around in my tummy much longer... but what a joy it will be to watch her move around in our home and be able to watch her grow into a beautiful little girl! My heart really does skip a beat to think about meeting my sweet Harper girl so soon!
We are going to the doctor today at 2:45. I decided to go ahead & start my maternity leave today, since we may be induced as early as this afternoon. I may have an April Fool's baby after all! My doctor is going out of town Fri-Sun, so if for some reason we're not sent in today, we will go in first thing Monday morning. Of course I could go into labor too - but there haven't been many signs pointing towards that route. :) (Still no Braxton Hicks at all! - guess that's a little bit of a blessing too).
I can't go without saying I'm a little anxious... Who wouldn't be at this point! :) First time mom - home today WAITING to go to the doctor to see if I will be induced into LABOR to get ready to meet my DAUGHTER! :) I've been trying to occupy my mind this morning. I'm thinking a fresh manicure may help too... I know the Lord is in control & has Harper's birthday all planned out! Just praying for his guidance & protection over my body & little Harper's. And of course praying for Bubba too. He's so excited - he even decided to go work for a little while this morning to help keep his mind occupied! :)
What a blessing this baby girl already has been to us.
Thank you, Father, for entrusting this gift in our hands! May we always give You the glory for her life and trust You as we raise her in our home. Praise the Lord!
PS....notice that as I was listing things I remembered from this pregnancy at the beginning of this post, I totally left out the morning/all day pregnancy sickness I had from week 6-16... HOW do we Moms forget these things so easily? :)
2 comments:
How exciting! I remember waiting for babies one, two and three. There is nothing like holding your newborn baby in your arms. Such a special, special time.
I'll pray for you, Bubba and Harper today... and continue to do so until she officially arrives.
P.S. I'm a friend of Sara's, and have been following your blog for a few weeks. I didn't want you to think I was a "total" stranger!
Whitney- we are so excited for y'all! Can't wait to see her beautiful pictures. Your life will never be the same again.. enjoy every moment.
Post a Comment