Friday, February 19, 2010

34.5 weeks...WOW

Well, we're at 34.5 weeks! Cannot believe how quickly these weeks are going by! Some have said that the last few weeks seem to drag - because you're uncomfortable, can't sleep, etc... BUT I think mine have started to go much more quickly! I have had some discomfort, but nothing out of control... Tuesday, on my drive home, I had to just hold my tummy with my left hand while driving with my right hand and crying with both eyes! :) I think (what's left of) my stomach muscles were a little unhappy about being stretched so much! I made it home, took some tylenol, checked facebook, took a H.O.T. bath, & watched American Idol in bed. The rest of the week has been much better!

Since the last post, I have gotten a new niece! My sister-in-law Amy went for her check up last Thursday and her DR was concerned about her level of fluid. She also developed gestational diabetes this pregnancy, so they decided to admit her Thursday night. They induced Friday morning because of the chance of the baby going into any kind of stress, and by 12:51 pm, Lyndsey Grace Culver was born! Amy got to hold her quickly, then they took her upstairs to the nursery to run tests. LG's sugar was a little high - then bottomed out - so they were worried about Type 1 Diabetes. After further tests, they realized she was just fine! She weighed 5 lb 11 oz and was 18-19 in long. She scored 8-9 on her Apgar, which was outstanding since she was a couple weeks early! We got to the hospital around 4:30 that afternoon, and Tim had still NOT gotten to hold her! They finally brought her in from the nursery around 5:30, and we were all there to see her meet her brother & sister, grandparents, proud aunts & uncles, etc!! :) Such a JOY!

As far as Harper's nursery, we have gotten her bedding in & Bubba is buying paint today! We went by Farrel Calhoun on one of our snow days to get a few samples. We decided on a very cute shade of green...(Bubba requested no PINK walls)... I think a few friends are coming over to help paint this weekend! Her furniture should be here in about 2-3 weeks... I cannot wait! I've had one shower with my family. My cousin, aunts, and grandmother did a spectacular job! We had so much fun, and Harper got some great stuff too! I have 3 showers next week - Starting Sunday at Warren Community - then Thursday at FA - then Sunday the 28th at Trinity! I've already thought about packing my bag...but just thinking about it is as far as I've gotten. :)

On a more serious note, I'm asking for prayer for our family for my job in the Fall... Whether that be at FA, DeSoto County, a school closer to home, MDO, etc etc! We're trying to leave the door open to whatever God has planned for us, so prayer for wisdom & guidance would be great!

love to ya! wrcc

2 comments:

Julie Holt said...

I love your blog, Whitney! Congrats on a baby girl -- the name Harper is adorable and I'm sure she will be adorable too!

charitysq said...

Be close to the baby where ever you are in the fall b/c they get big so fast!!! You dont want to miss any of it...