Monday, September 28, 2009

25

So, Tuesday, September 22, 2009 at 2:07 am, I turned 25 years old!
I was not awake to celebrate this moment until a few hours later, but what a fun day it was!

As soon as I walked into our bathroom to get ready for the day, I was greeted with about 5 index cards taped to the mirror, shower, light switch, etc with little birthday messages from the hubster. As I continued to get ready, I found more cards - on the tv, mirror, etc! This was probably one of the best presents of all since mornings are SO early and SO not fun these days. :) One of the last cards I found said "you - me - dinner @ 6:00." I was thankful my little Bubba had planned a special dinner!

Although I don't think anybody should have to work on their birthday (kidding), I did enjoy my day at school. The kids seemed to behave well, and well, I guess I was probably just in a better mood. :) My mother has the same lunch schedule as I do (some days), and today she brought me macaroni & cheese with one little candle lit in the middle of it! Now, I know mac and cheese is not the typical birthday food, but this little Crowder pea growing in me is not fond of cake & sweets...BUT cheese has been the main food aversion...so my sweet mother remembered this and supplemented my (awesome same thing every day) cafeteria lunch!

The ride home was just fine. I bugged Bubba until he told me what we were doing for dinner. I get more nervous about surprises than excited...it got the best of me until I finally got the answer out of him. He said it wasn't anything big - just thought we'd go to Olive Garden to eat dinner... I got home in time to take a little nap with Bella, and I was surprised to see that Bubba was already home too! As I was pulling into the neighborhood, he was running, so he jogged alongside the car to tell me to check the bed for a surprise from our child... I thought he was referring to our dog (HA), so I went right in the house & checked out this gift. It was a birthday present to me from our little baby that's not even here yet! He did get brownie points for this (thank you Chapmans for your great advice)! :)

After my little nap, I decided to get up and get ready for dinner. Hubby came in & got ready after his run, and we ventured out to Olive Garden.... On the way, I noticed Bubba did not get on the interstate to head towards Southaven & so, of course, I had to ask how in the world he thought he was going to get there... This is when I figured out something else was up! We kept driving on into the city square of Hernando and pulled into the Windy City Grill where the McMinns, Barrons, and Dunlaps were there to meet us for dinner!! I was more than surprised! Bubba had also gotten a cake earlier that day, so everybody came over to the house afterwards too. Sweet Bubba. He even made sure he swept the house earlier that day.

So turning 25 wasn't that bad...although I definitely "feel" older this birthday. I think some of that has more to do with growing this baby more than anything. :) Thankful for the blessings the Lord has given me over these 25 years, and can't wait to see how the next 25 will be! :)

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Aw sounds like you did have a great birthday! Bubba's ideas were so cute!

I have been feeling a little better the past week or so. How about you? Yea, I can't wait to find out what we are having! Do y'all feel like you are having a boy or a girl?? I'm starting to feel like this one may be a girl. Or maybe it's just TAG's sister that has convinced me that it is!

Well Happy (belated) Birthday!