This new year has already been eventful! Bubba & I celebrated New Year's Eve in Southaven with our friends Jonathan & Noelle. There was another couple there that is in our BFG at Trinity - Jared & Elissa. We played lots of games & had lots of very good food. It was funny this year though - we were all fading at about 10:30. Noelle is pregnant, so she has an excuse, but the rest of us had a reality check of just how 'old' we were getting! As the clock finally brought us closer to midnight, we finished up our game of chicken foot & the boys gathered pots & pans to clang outside. They got their wooden spoons & pots and pans and headed out the door just as the countdown brought us to 12:00.
On the 1st, we slept in. It was SO nice to be able to do this!! I finally watched High School Musical 1 & 2. My 7 year old niece let me know at Christmas that I was behind the times since I had not watched these movies... Then Bubba & I went for a run. Part of my Christmas present this year was a pair of Brooks running shoes... We're trying this whole 'get back in shape' thing together. Yesterday evening, my sister & her crew came over to mom & dad's. One of mom & dad's gifts to the grandkids was a wii. This wii stays at their house - kind of a gift in its own... They LOVE to have the grandkids at the house - this just gives them another excuse to have them come over! We've enjoyed the benefits of having it here too! :)
Today we met JB & Noelle in Cordova to see a movie. Marley & Me was the pick. MY GOODNESS! I cried like a little child at the end of the movie. I've heard it was a great movie - and who doesn't love Jennifer Anniston, Owen Wilson, and lab puppies... We tried it out & of course loved it. I stopped by the store to get Bella some bones on our way home...had to after watching that movie!
Just an update from Christmas too...
We started our celebrations the Saturday before Christmas. My aunt who lives in Germantown always has the WHOLE family over. We all get together and eat lots of food. The kids exchange gifts & this year the adults had a little gift swap as well. Then comes my favorite part... We just hang out all together & catch up. My cousin Abbey and her husband Mickey added a sweet little girl, Miley Rebecca, to the family this year. It was fun to watch her & get to play with her. This time also provides ample conversation time with each other. I absolutely cherish those get-togethers! Then Sunday we traveled on to Valley, AL to see Bubba's family. Petey, Ashley, & Emery arrived Sunday as well. We visited with Nanny and Bubba's aunts & cousin. We also visited with Pa & his new wife Rebecca. We were not able to get together at their house this year, so we enjoyed our 30 minutes that we had! We also visited the "merry-go-round" that is a huge tradition for the whole town! Emery loved it! It was really fun to watch her this year as she has gotten to be such a big girl! Her little personality is really starting to peek through! On Christmas Eve, I woke up not feeling very well... :( We met up with Roro & Taylor in Auburn for brunch! It's always good to see them! Then we started our celebrations with the family. We opened gifts at Bubba's parents' house - then had dinner & more gifts at Nanny's!! Christmas Eve is always a full day, and it seems to go by way too quickly! We left that night to head back to Somerville to be with my family on Christmas Day. We'll have this tradition to share with our kids. I'm thankful that our families live close enough to make this happen!
Needless to say, I have thoroughly enjoyed my time off from work, and I can't believe it's already time to start getting ready to go back! This holiday has been quite special - Bubba & I also celebrated our 2 year anniversary on the 29th! He did a great job making it special - massages, dinner at Fleming's, and a night away in Memphis. I love my husband!
As for now, we're watching the Sugar Bowl on television... My avid little Alabama fan is not happy right now! I think he'll rest easy though, knowing this season has been lightyears better than last season.
So late Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!
No comments:
Post a Comment