It's nice to know that Bubba and I have ZERO plans for tomorrow night. I'm hoping to find some good chick-flick on television to watch via pajamas and hot chocolate. We'll see. I'm sure Bubba will love that idea! ha!
I got the itch tonight to go out of town - like to some traditional, winter town. Weird.
I also got the "fear bug" last night as I anticipated my spring. I'm excited and anxious about my upcoming responsibilities. Really hoping God continues to bless the position he's given me as I'm reminded everyday that I don't deserve the blessings he has chosen to put in my life. God is good.
Had a "guest speaker" at church last week...This is the quote I remember from his mouth, "There's nothing intellectually inferior about the gospel of Christ." good stuff.
Got to talk to Noelle tonight on the phone. Good to catch up with her. Miss hanging out with them during the week.
Still praying that the house sells. I am reminded of two years ago when we bought the house. We were planning our wedding. I had walking pneumonia. But we were more than excited to be purchasing our home... Little did I know that we would only live there for about 6 months before going on the road for the summer...and not come back to live there in the Fall. Change happened. I'm learning that the only thing consistent about life is change. This is obviously good and bad. Never good to be in a rut, but at the same time, some things are changed before you're ready for them to be. This is where my faith holds me together. I don't understand how non-believers or non-committed believers live through times of change. I'm very proud of a sister, Dori, who is listening to Christ's voice as he is calling her to a major change right now. She's moving from a home very familiar to her to a place that will be very new! New friends, new job, new home, new church, new new new!! I believe the Lord will bless her and fill all the gaps she will experience from being out of her comfort zone. I am thankful for friends like Dori and the joy God shows me through her life. I hope I'm that for somebody someday.
Speaking of change, it's coming. That's for sure. No, I'm not speaking of any politician or political party. I'm simply speaking of life.
Praying for friends who are going through real-life. Friends who (Praise the Lord!) delivered twin boys last night. God had Scout & Carter's birthday written down - even though it was a surprise to us (8 weeks early!). Praying that God continues to bless the Tuckers. Also thankful for Kathy and her new baby girl, Josselyn. Praying for a friend that loves the Lord and desires to be a wife...that God will continue to form her into who she needs to be. Praying for friends that are struggling with what they believe - especially through the eyes of loss. Praying for one of my students who is experiencing his first holiday season without his dad who committed suicide last year. Praying for friends that are moving & listening to God's call on their lives - even if that means change. Praying for a friend who was promised a baby girl, and for whatever reason the birth mom has changed her mind. Praying for Kenny - that God will continue to heal his body. Praying for Trinity and the church body as change has already been happening over the last year. Praying that the Lord is glorified. Period.
No comments:
Post a Comment