Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Pity Party: All invited. :)

I'm in a "boooo" mood today...
Probably because of the rain...
but also because my house is still not decorated for Christmas (ie. tree is up but not decorated, garland is out but not on the stair rails, porch is still bare, etc)...
also because my days have been p-a-c-k-e-d lately & when I have just a second to breathe, it's usually about 10:00 & I'm pooped...
or maybe because I (for the 4th year in a row) am having to make exams (again)...result of not teaching the same thing two years in a row...
or maybe because I know I need to start taking some steps toward making a decision on my job/plans next Fall & I feel no closer to a decision than I did 5 months ago...
or maybe because my throat is sore & all I can take is Halls cough drops - which I've been told I shouldn't take because of the menthol?...
or maybe because I'm sitting here complaining... :)
so there's the pity party...but don't worry - I'm not sticking around the party too long... :)

here are some positives:
Hernando Parade last night - what fun! And my poor child was wiggling around so much from all the loud noises! I caught myself trying to "cover her ears".... to which my husband just shook his head. :)
I'm a narrator in our Christmas program at church - don't fret - it's no acting debut, just a couple lines, but I was so worried about memorizing it because of this preggo brain that has taken over! I've got them memorized - and Bubba has been a great audience to check my lines with. :)
I've also gotten to be around friends & family alot lately...it's made me realize the MASSIVE blessing they are in our lives.
And, Christmas is near. I l-o-v-e nothing more this time of year than "Christmas at Granny's" (which is really at Aunt Peggy's in Gtown, but we still refer to it as Granny's)...every member of my Dad's side of the family gets together to celebrate. Probably on the list of my top ten favorite things every year...and also this means we are about to have a big break from work/school :)

I think the lower half of this post has been better than the top half...sometimes it just feels good to throw that pity party for just a second... :)

1 comment:

Brittany said...

I have those moments a lot. Just don't stay at the "party" too long! The longer you stay, the harder it is to leave!