Thursday, July 9, 2009

overwhelmed...

I've really found myself overwhelmed lately -  with good stuff & bad.  

I am obviously extremely grateful that things have gone so smoothly with the house.  We've been extremely blessed with each step - inspections, walk thrus, all the paperwork, etc - going almost perfect, and we are really excited about moving in.  We've been able to get a little bit more furniture to help fill up the rooms, and it's really been fun to see it all come together.  Bubba has been very patient with me as I've decided on one thing - then changed my mind within hours - only to change it back the next morning... haha  We still have a few more things to do, but we are ready for July 20th!

I'm also thankful for the opportunities we've had to plug-in lately.  Bubba & I have spent almost every single week night in Southaven all summer.  Between my softball games, Bubba's softball games, book club, Wednesday night church, and just hanging out with friends, we've really been blessed to grow with our family in Southaven.  I am excited about being a part of Trinity & our family there.  It's been encouraging to see the growth in our church - not only in numbers, but in our faith & desire to be led by God's word.  I think I've been more challenged in the last 7 months than I have in a long time.  This has nothing to do with any man or program, but mostly with God's word piercing and convicting my heart!

Along with the positive, I've been overwhelmed with some negative.  I find myself frustrated when I get overwhelmed, but I've figured out that frustration comes from my wanting to be in control of the situation.  It's MORE than obvious what God is teaching me right now - it's that HE has a plan, and I may have to sacrifice some of my "wants" to be in-line with what HE has planned in HIS timing.  These situations cause me to worry more than anything - worry about my job - new boss & my drive to/from work, kids - that's a whole blog on its own, car tags - just renewed in TN, but need to have them changed to MS for insurance, but won't have a permanent address until after July 20th but insurance is due July 14th, etc.  And as I write this, I see just how small and really silly these situations seem in black & white... :) I hate that I let myself get overwhelmed about these things - but it seems like once I let myself worry about one thing, EVERYTHING gets magnified!

What I've learned through these situations is that there is either growth or decline.  I've been praying that Christ will make me aware of these situations, so that I don't fall to decline in my walk with him but point to growth - even if it's just one little step at a time.  What I've also learned is that when I worry about anything, that is sin!  It's revealing my lack of trust & faith in the author & perfecter of my life!

I am thankful. And I know these little things that happen in life do pass.  Praying that I learn something in the midst of them! :)  AND at the same time, I'm thankful for the good things that are happening, but I pray that I never become complacent with where I am.
God is good.

 

No comments: