- First of all, I would like to say how inspired I am to look at other friends' blogs & see all their updates and pictures and stories about their lives/kids/etc... Then I realize that I haven't updated at all in months and have to laugh at myself! :) I have been journaling to Harper & writing down her stats/stories/etc there, but I wish I had the motivation to post here too! I get this weird perfectionist thing going when I think about it though... I feel like I would need to post back all the way to her H's birth, realize that was over a year ago, and so I just don't... Now, I know I wouldn't really have to do that, but I feel like I would? Silly excuse, if you ask me. :)
- Secondly, especially since it's Easter and it's so fresh on my mind, I'd like to say that I don't think the story of the cross & Christ's sacrifice will ever get old to me. I think of my life - how I've tried to glorify Him and how I've failed miserably... I think about His grace and how undeserving I am... I think of how He knows me, but loves me anyways... and I get overwhelmed. To tears. I think of God giving His son for me, and I cannot fathom that love! I am thankful everyday for that sacrifice, and I'm thankful that I can celebrate that gift EVERYday...not just on Easter!
- I'll have to say that growing up as a daughter of a pastor probably prepped me a little bit for this next thing on my mind... I have loving parents that brought me up in a loving home, provided for all my needs (and so many of my wants), supported me, were my number one fans, etc etc etc! I could go on forever and ever about how great my parents were (and still are)! I watched my Dad love & serve on good days...and on rough days too. I watched him step out on faith almost 12 years ago and start WCC...definitely a step out of his comfort zone. We've walked with him when things were great & encouraging, and we've walked through seasons of torment, gossip, and just plain junk as well. To say "I'm proud of my Dad" does not do justice to how I feel about him...and then let's talk about Mom too... Here's where I'm learning...(majorly) learning. I cannot tell you how many bible studies she's taught, powerpoint slides she's made, prayers she's prayed, songs she sang....all while working a full time job, waiting on me to finish (insert sport here) practice, taking me to piano lessons, helping with homework, counseling me, taking me shopping, (then later in life) helping me plan a wedding, (still) counseling me, spending time with grandkids, etc etc etc... And I'm one of FOUR of her kids! :) She did this all with a smile on her face and a "thank you, Lord" fresh on her lips. I covet that balance she displayed, and I'm thankful for the example she set for me. I just thought life was crazy before I had a child... Don't get me wrong, Bubba is incredibly involved and supportive. Like gets up with Harper in the middle of the night (he's awesome). He would do anything in the world for us, and I'm thankful to be his wife. I'm just in this new season of life - learning to be a full time mom & wife. Learning to find my purpose, joy, hope in Christ. All while wiping runny noses, working through teething, cleaning food off the ground, changing poopy diapers, and sometimes not showering until after noon some days. :) I am thankful, 100% thankful, to be a mom, but let's be honest...it can be a tough job! I find myself getting discouraged a whole lot easier, but I'm thankful for the foundation of faith I have. How do moms that don't know the Lord get through their day? I do not know what we would do if Christ was not the center of our home. Our rock. Our victory. Our peace...
- On a much lighter note, I am now a mother to a "walker." She figured out this whole walking thing about a week ago & has not slowed down a bit. We have already gotten a few bumps & bruises, and I'm sure there are more in our future! We love to see her walking around - even though she's almost 13 months, she still seems too little to be walking! :)
- We had her one year apt last Friday. Pricking the finger & shots were on the agenda as well. Poor kid. She hated it. Officially terrified of the DR now. She is weighing in at about 18.5 lbs, 29ish inches long, and I honestly don't remember her head measurement. Her stats are all still in the same percentage range... 5th% weight, 25th% height, and 30th% head circ. Wears some 9mo clothes, but mostly in 12mo. Size 3 diapers. Size 2-3 shoes. LOVES to talk & walk around. Extending her vocabulary. And we're attempting to wean her off the bottle (seeming impossible). :) Sleeps about 10 hours/night, but still wakes up once most nights. Eats & falls back asleep pretty quickly. We've tried everything we know to get more calories in her during the day, but she is just so small, I'm guessing she can't hold all of what she needs some days! :) I'm thankful she's just up once a night, if at all... She's starting to look more like a little girl to me - not so much a baby anymore. Her little personality is blossoming too. Loves to say "no no no" while shaking her pointer finger OR shaking her head 'no' if she's not in agreement with you. :) I promise I did not teach her that! She's a blessing. Couldn't be more thankful to be her mom!
1 comment:
I love hearing about your motherhood expereince and about what God is revealing in your life!!! I love you all and hope to hang out with you soon!
Post a Comment